30 things in 30 days for 30 years - DAY 1

Yesterday while out and about I had an "uh huh" moment! It was May 1st - 30 days until I turn 30 years old!!! I have been struggling recently with the thought of turning 30. Have I done enough, have I made the right impressions on people, what does my life footprint say so far, etc. So I got to thinking, I never had a "things to do before I turn 30" list and I don't really want to take this time to make a bucket list - seems like a bit of a downer - so I thought why not do something new everyday for 30 days?! So while out and about on day one I felt a little rushed to do something new without any preparation. Last minute spontaneity is not me, I am a planner so to put this task in play on day one without any prior planning and no lists (or in my case lists of lists) I struggled with day one a little so needless to say day one was not my finest. But since then the plan has been developed and I am happy to say I have a pretty good list of things to do over the next 30 days ranging from simple to a little more extreme (for me)!!!

so here goes - DAY 1

Today I took a moment to do something new .. I slowed down.. I walked the entire "Sandy Loop" which is basically down one side of the town and up the other. Doc, Ana, and I walked slow taking in the different store fronts and businesses our new town has to offer. Being new to Sandy we had not yet uncovered much of what it had to offer. Our hour or so long walk was a great way to see our new town. Along the way I did something else new, something I am not so proud of but new none the less - not all the things I do in the next 30 days will be things I plan on doing every again and this is one of them - I stole something. Thats right! I stole something! A Sunday Oregonian right off the steps of a local Thai food restaurant's front porch! I enlisted Doc's help because I am a chicken but there were coupons in that paper that were going to waste out front of the closed establishment. Crime is not a life for me but walking around our sweet little town is and something I will definitely do again!!

Tomorrow's something new - bake a pie (blueberry)!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO DAY 2

2 comments:

mellissa said...

Sandy is rad. There's a doughnut shop there which is the bomb, and they also have a motocross track in town which of course means hot men. Hot men, motorcycles, doughnuts. . .what more could you ask for?
www.juliacakevintage.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

I love me some coupons (coo-pins) and the Sunday Oregonian is like $$$... wait, was it super early in the AM... or was it abandoned after laying there all day? lol

Rosie aka guess I need to make a profile on this :) I'm sure this wont be the last comment