30 things in 30 days for 30 years - DAY 24

Day 24 of the 30/30/30 challenge - volunteer for the day

Wow, its been a while since I last blogged and for that I am very sorry. I was so exhausted with this challenge ended that I literally crawled into bed and stayed there for over a week and have since been spending my days relaxing and not doing anything! This includes not blogging. Blogging is much more time consuming than one would think.

Day 24 was a day I was looking forward to all month, the day I stayed in bed resting from my back injury to ensure I was up to par for the task of the day. Volunteering is something I have done in the past but only on a small scale, I wanted to do something big. Habitat for Humanity was the pick of the liter and I signed both Doc and I up for a day of intense manual labor earlier in the challenge.

We got up early and dropped off Ana at her grandparents and headed out to Aloha. We checked in and were basically set loose on the job site. I am not sure what I was expecting but what I got was much more boring! It was great to know that what I was doing was helping to change the lives of a blessed family but it was boring. Is that wrong of me to say? Doc was put to work helping to lay foundation, he got to do some serious manual labor and was really getting dirty and making friends and changing lives while I was in a different house in the subdivision being built on caulk patrol. Caulk this and caulk that! I had caulk coming out of my yohoo! I quite literally caulked two entire houses. From floor boards to windows to door frames. By the end of the day I got to do a little painting so that was pretty exciting.

Will I volunteer for Habit for Humanity again? probably not. Will I volunteer on a larger scale again int he future? Yes!! Maybe the Humane Society or something locally.

Special thanks to the people at Habit for Humanity for letting us come out and participate in the building of homes.






Gone caulking crazy!






CLICK HERE TO GO TO DAY 25

No comments: