30 things in 30 days for 30 years - DAY 27

Day 27 of the 30/30/30 challenge - Sucking... Helium

That's right readers, I went 3 days short of 30 years without ever once sucking helium. Why? Because I thought it was stupid and also could potentially make me /more/ retarded so the benefit did not out weigh the "risk" in my mind.

3 days left of this now exhausting challenge! I was sooo ready to be done! So yeah, this is yet another lame entry but fuck they cant all be award winners!!

So, if like me you have never sucked helium here are the three easy to follow steps to sounding like a chipmunk.

1. Pinch a small amount of the balloon, close to the tie, between your fingers. Pinch it flat.

2. Bite (or cut) a TINY hole from the material that you are pinching. Keep holding it so that no air escapes.

3. Place your mouth around the hole, and release the area that you are pinching, but keep a firm hold on the balloon. You should feel air rushing into your mouth. If you do not, bite or cut a slightly bigger hole.

TIPS:
  • Breath in an entire breath, not just a little one
  • Not everyone's voice changes. Individuals with naturally high voices may not experience any change.
  • Feeling dizzy or lightheaded is normal, but if it becomes so severe that you can no longer stand, stop.
  • To make the high pitch voice go away, take a few deep breaths to return oxygen to your lungs. Do the same when you feel light headed, to let oxygen get back to your brain.
  • When you are done sucking in helium, try talking (or singing in my case)
WARNINGS:
  • Although helium is non-toxic, unlike air, it does not contain any oxygen. Breathing only helium for a long time causes asphyxiation and loss of consciousness. You may feel dizziness and/or vision blur.
  • Doing this does kill brain cells. Be sure to know that. (OH SHIT!)

I have a video of my singing an Alvin inspired rendition of my previous Karaoke triumph, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, but I am not going to post it because I am in my pajamas and look like the 30 year old outcome of a magical night shared between a hippo and a tiny chipmunk. While my self respect is slim I had to pass on posting it. Since I sound amazing but I look like a deep fried turd I could not post something, so here is the audio of my helium debut. The snickering is Doc laughing at me, the low whining noise is our dog howling at my amazing voice - I LITERALLY made dogs howl!!! LOL and then the tiny voice singing after me is my toddler Ana who thoroughly enjoyed my display! I hope you do too!

CLICK TO ENJOY!



CLICK HERE TO GO TO DAY 28
:)

No comments: